HTC Wildfire Indian users, didn’t you get a notification of FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) update yet? Then something is wrong because Android 2.2 Froyo Update for HTC Wildfire India is now available! So, what can you do now? Just wait for the notification to arrive – nah! We know you can’t resist Froyo and that’s why you might like to visit Settings > About Phone > System Software Updates on your phone to download the update immediately.
Before proceeding we suggest you to back up your data and get on a Wi-Fi network as you are going to update your phone’s whole OS so obviously its not a few MB data to be downloaded. As soon as you update, check the new build number (MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Build number) on your phone it should be 2.25.720.1.
Here is a glimpse of features you will get on updating:
– Support for USB tethering
– Possibility of installing applications to SD card (if supported by the application)
– Native support for Activesync Exchange (email, contacts and calendar sync) and security policies
– Enhanced Camera application
– Enhanced Bluetooth support
– Speed and stability improvements
– Multiple keyboard languages
– WiFi Hotspot tethering
(source: HTC India)