Skyfire for android gets updated, again – version 2.3.1
The world’s hottest mobile browser which brings full web browsing to mobile phones on many platforms and recently on Android has been updated to version 2.3.1 for Android. Earlier this month, Skyfire 2.3 was released for android which brought several enhancements and fixes though it was not properly supporting some Android devices.
Fixed in 2.3.1 release:
- Fixed streaming performance issues for Droid X and Droid 2 Devices!
- Proper Streaming support for HTC EVO (found a workaround for EVO device specific issue)
- Improved overall streaming performance for all FroYo devices
Enhancements in 2.3 release in case you missed it:
- Video playback: We improved our video streaming reliability, thus you should see a much lower occurrence of video timeouts with this new version. More enhancements are in the works, so video reliability will continue to get better.
- YouTube: On July 23, YouTube changed some of its APIs, causing YouTube videos to fail occasionally. This release resolves that problem.
- Desktop/Mobile switch: When switching between Android and Desktop mode of a page we better preserve the original page URL to reduce confusion due to page redirects.
- Video startup time: Video playback start time improved as much as 5 seconds.
Download: The updated version can be downloaded from Android Market and the full version number is 18.104.22.16878.