HTC Smart launched in India via Airtel
Just now Bharti Airtel has launched iPhone 3GS and now another, again this time HTC Smart has been launched in Indian market in co-operation with the country’s leading telecom services provider Airtel.
As now all new phones are coming to Indian market first, HTC Smart is also a new phone and it is the first and only phone which is not a smartphone that HTC has ever made, as it is powered by Brew Mobile Platform, created by Qualcomm.
Since Brew MP has been used in HTC Smart which means it will be priced low, and it comes with a price tag of Rs. 9,990.00 (165 euro)
So, this isn’t a smartphone then why the word Smart has been used, well the interface is so impressive with fast performance that makes you often forgot that it’s not a smartphone. And yes it has HTC Sense UI, but basically it has a stripped down version of HTC Sense UI but the device is very much snapy.
- Processor – 300 MHz Processor
- ROM – 256 MB
- RAM – 256 MB
- Operating system – Brew Mobile Platform
- Connectivity – 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, Bluetooth® 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets and HTC ExtUSB™ (11-pin mini-USB 2.0)
- Camera – 3.0 megapixel color camera with fixed focus and flashlight
- Screen – 2.8inch TFT-LCD Touch sensitive screen with QVGA resolution
- Audio format supported – .aac, .amr, .qcp, .mid, .m4a, .mp3, .wma, .wav
- Video format supported – .mp4, .3gp, .3g2, .m4v
- Stand time – Up to 600 hours for WCDMA and Up to 450 hours for GSM.
HTC Smart offers easy-to-use widgets, browsing and connectivity at an affordable price. The integration of HTC Sense brings smartphone experience for people looking to do more on their phone. Htc is making its revolutionary Sense UI available to all in a affordable way.
Bharti Airtel CEO (India and South Asia) Mr. Kapoor said:
With the HTC Smart, our customers will be the first in the world to experience a revolutionary smartphone that is not only affordable but is also 3G-ready.
HTC Corporation CEO Peter Chou said:
HTC Smart marks our strategic focus on India, the fastest growing telecom market in the world. The demand for smartphones is also increasing fast, and in next three years it would account for around 40 per cent of the total handset sales. Our latest handset is an easy-to-use and affordable smartphone through which we aim to create a new category of smartphones